At all times, Christmas has been a holiday of kindness and light. This light gives people hope and love. Mutual support and tolerance unites the souls of people in a single impulse to create pure and light art that knows no boundaries and awakens a reciprocal wave of goodness in the souls of spectators.
Artists create beautiful, unique works using only paper, colored pigment and water, but this is precisely the skill of watercolor artists.
The unique individuality of each author in his work with watercolors allows him to reveal all his possibilities as an artist-creator.
The exhibition and competition will feature works by artists from all over the world. Even an inexperienced viewer will be able to catch the different creative manner of artists, their different views of the world around them.
Dear friends, we present you the Christmas Light project, organized by the International Foundation Contemporary Watercolor Art «Step by Step» with the support of Renesans company. We invite all of you to join the action of goodness and light, and remember that the world is beautiful, and we are all lucky because we live in it!
The project is open to watercolor artists from all over the world.
1. The project can be attended by artists from around the world aged 18 years and older.
2. Each artist can submit for participation from one (minimum) to three (maximum) works.
3. Original works, executed at least 90% in watercolor, are accepted for participation in the project.
4. The exhibition can take part only original work made by the author in person. Copies of works by other artists in any format will not be accepted. Works made on the MK or under the guidance of the tutorial are not allowed to participate.
5. The theme of work to choose from:
— Happiness\ Joy
6. You can submit an application for participation only through the online participation form on the fund’s website
7. Size of works: minimum 30 * 40 cm — maximum 38 * 56 cm — (any size in this range is allowed), vertical or horizontal orientation
8. The format of the photo is jpg. Photo size from 2 to 4 MB, resolution — 300 DPI (Please make sure that your photo meets all the requirements of the project before submitting your application)
9. The file name should be in the following format: NAME_ COUNTRY_NAME OF THE JOB_SIZE OF THE JOB_jpg. For example — (Natali Sunny_Poland_Happy day_36 * 42cm_jpg)
1. Each participant is guaranteed to receive an e-certificate of the project participant
— Landscape \ City landscape — three prizes
— Portrait \ Figurative — three prizes
— Still life \ Botanical watercolor — three prizes
Each set of prizes contains: a set of watercolors, paper, brushes, a holder (sets vary) all products from Renesans company
3. The works of all participants will be published in the online gallery on the foundation website
4. All participants will be able to take part in the New Year’s online festival of video demonstrations of skill, free of charge and at will (each participant will receive a finished processed video of his demo for personal use upon request.)
5. The winners of the competition in each category will have the opportunity to participate free of charge in the final of the third season of the Step by Step competition
6. The best works of the contestants will be invited to participate in the exhibition, dedicated to the Christmas Light project. The exhibition will take place in a gallery on one of the most picturesque streets in Gdansk. The exhibition will take place in Gdansk (Poland), at Mariackaya Street. (participation in the exhibition is free, framing of works is at the expense of the organizers, all participants will receive a printed certificate of participation)
7. According to the results of the New Year’s online festival, the best video will receive a prize from Renesans company. The choice of the best video will be held by a vote of the viewers.
Cost of participation in the project:
Participation fee upon submission
one watercolor work — 12 euros
two watercolor works — 18 euros
three watercolor works — 22 euros
Each application will be accepted, processed, and published only if you attached file of confirmation of payment for participation in the online application form.
The cost of participation in the exhibition in Gdansk for participants of the project — is free
The cost of participation in the New Year’s online festival of demonstrations of skill for participants of the project — is free
You can pay for participation on project through the Pay Pal account or through the SWIFT transfer (details for the SWIFT transfer on request by email)
Pay Pal account:
Follow the link: paypal.me/StepbyStepART
Or through account: email@example.com
All works will be evaluated by members of a highly qualified jury. Each work will be evaluated on a 10-point scale, the final choice will be made by summing up all the points as a result of the jury’s vote.
Terms and deadlines:
Application deadline for participation in the Christmas Light project — from October 25, 2020, to December 10, 2020, 22:00 CET
Announcement of the project winners — December 15, 2020
Delivery date of selected works for the exhibition in Poland — before January 13, 2021
Exhibition dates — from January 15, 2021 to January 21, 2021
The deadline for accepting applications for participation in the New Year’s online festival of video demonstrations of skill — from November 1, 2020, to December 10, 2020
The dates of the New Year’s online video demonstration festival — from December 15 to December 20, 2020
Return of works from January 25, 2021 to January 31, 2021 (return transfer of works at the expense of participants)
Sending prizes and certificates to winners — from January 25 to January 31, 2021 (forwarding of prizes at the expense of participants)
When submitting an application, the participant automatically agrees to use the image of his work in the framework of the Christmas Light project
If participation is canceled on the initiative of the artist, the payment for participation in the event is not refundable.
The project organizers are not responsible for any damage to the work at the stage of delivery to the organizer’s country. We recommend that you insure your work.
For all questions, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
International Foundation Contemporary Watercolor Art «Step by Step»
Project curator — Julia Kochetova